Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lunch at Armada



Canan (the blond one and yes there are two) needed a laser printer to print her thesis a few times, so we decided to get lunch at Armada. Everyone suggest that I should get Doner Kebop, because I had not tried it before. So if you don't know anything about Doner Kebap, it can be found across Europe and parts of the Middle East from small little carts to sit-down restaurants. Doner Kebop is sliced meat that s stacked on a vertical rotisserie. You can either get it as Tavuk (chicken) or as straight Kebop (layers of lamb and sometimes beef). My sandwich was very good, and it had lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and some red pepper flakes on it.



I just happened to look at the menu of the McDonalds behind me, and I saw the most atrocious thing. They now have a Mega Mac. I don't know if these are available in the US, but that is just ridiculous. Remember when everyone complained when McDonalds was made to provide the nutrition details of the Big Mac, and people were aghast at how bad it is for you? Well, this just blows me away. That things must be something like 1500 calories. Bleh...

No comments: