Wednesday, July 30, 2008

33 YTL

If you were wondering how much it cost me for the Emergency Room visit, then that would be your answer. Yes, I know I was astounded too. I really want to go on a rant about how America's health care system is horrible, but I will refrain.

I finally found out what they gave me. One of the medications is Flagyl or generically called Metronidazol. Well after looking it up on WebMD, it seems that a lot of people are having a crappy time on it as I am having. Basically the cause of my symptoms from the other night are now being caused by the cure. Well, thankfully I have only one more day on it. The other is called Reflor or generically called Saccharomyces boulardii which is a yeast used to fight diarrhea.

It looks like this weekend I'll be going to Sofranbolu with Yoshino. More details to follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giardia is not fun and the followup testing is a good idea when you get home if the symptoms return. Take good care of yourself...

and the sooty nose picture is cute.
Carol

Unknown said...

Wow. Less than $28 for ER services. What a deal! I'm so glad you were cared for and are on the road to recovery. (((((Bryan))))) That's hugs, Bryan. I can't wait until you get home and I can hug you in person!