Saturday, July 5, 2008

Laundry

You would think that doing laundry would be straight forward, but next time you look at your washing machine, pretend you don't know what you're doing and then try to imagine what it would be like if you couldn't read the instructions. Yes, that's how I felt.





As you can see, their instructions don't really make sense. The only word I really recognized was Normal so I just went with setting B. I asked Sertan about that later, and he told me that was for whites as the water gets hot. I found this out more directly as my new boxers bled onto my undershirts which are now slightly blue. So figuring I had enough time to get into bed by midnight, I started my laundry at 9:30. BIG MISTAKE! The wash alone took 2.5 hours. Yes, I know how you feel about it. Just imagine trying to figure out what the hell you did wrong, although in the back of my mind I had remembered that Sertan had mentioned that it took 2 hours to wash clothing but I thought he meant to both wash and dry. Anywho, finally around 1am, I was finally done. I had mixed all my clothing, and other than the two undershirts, nothing else was harmed. I finally asked Sertan on Monday about the wash time and cycles, and he laughed and straightened me out. Thank goodness for knowing people here who can translate.

No comments: